Have you ever heard of Bantam Bagels? They are the little bite sized bagels stuffed with cream cheese. Cool concept right? Well, I have made the ultimate copycat to the original! Using only a few ingredients that you probably have stocked in your pantry, these tasty breakfast treats will come together quick! Perfect with morning coffee watching the news or getting ready for a brunch at home to impress your friends. If you like bagels you will love these copy cat bantam bagels!
Back in April I found the best make-at-home bagel recipe that was good and clean! One of my new favorite wellness friends @badash.fitness shared the recipe. I have made it a handful of times for my family and they have loved it! My first few go’s with it have been using gluten free flour which works perfectly! Today I am using regular all purpose flour and the recipe came together without fail.
1 cup all purpose flour (gluten free works well too) + 1 tbsp
1 cup non-fat greek yogurt
2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 block of cream cheese
bagel seasoning of choice (I used everything)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees and line a baking sheet with parchment paper or a silicone liner.
- Mix flour, baking powder and salt in a medium sized bowl. Add yogurt and mix until well combined and a dough starts to form. You may need to add a little more flour to make sure it isn’t too sticky.
- Cut the cream cheese into 1 inch cubes.
- Flour your hands and pull apart small sections of the dough (it should make 11-12 bites). Flatten the dough in your hand and place the cream cheese cub inside. Cover the cream cheese with the dough and roll into a ball. Repeat until all the dough is used. *Make sure to keep your hands floured as things could get a little sticky.
- Beat 1 egg and use a brush to coat the top of all the dough balls. Sprinkle your favorite seasoning on the top until they are all coated.
- Cook at 375 for 24 mins until golden brown on top.