Ok, taking it back to the basics and breaking down the best way to cook a sweet potato. Yes, sweet potatoes can be cooked MANY ways but when you eat them as often as I do you need something simple, easy & foolproof.
What You’ll Need:
Salt & Pepper
- Preheat your oven to 425 degrees and prepare a baking sheet with tinfoil
- Carefully cut both sweet potatoes in half long ways. Place the sweet potatoes down on the baking sheet flesh side down. The skin should be facing you at this point.
- Add about 1 T of olive oil to each piece of sweet potato (4 T total). Drizzle the olive oil so that the sweet potato is fully covered
- Place the sweet potatoes in the oven for 20 minutes. Remove the pan from the oven and carefully with tongs flip the sweet potatoes over
- Season the flesh side of the sweet potatoes with salt & pepper
- Place back in the oven for 18 minutes
- Remove & enjoy! The center of the sweet potato should be soft to the touch with a fork
I love incorporating sweet potatoes into all my of meals – breakfast, lunch and dinner! They are versatile, filling and healthy. An added bonus is that they can be transformed into french fries, and if you know me you know I LOVE french fries! In all seriousness, I made a batch of these sweet potatoes on Sunday and had them ready to go for the week ahead! They can be stored in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days. They reheat very well in the microwave, air-fryer or oven!
Now go make some sweet potatoes and let me know what you think!